Thursday, January 17, 2013

December 2005 - London, England

December 2005 - London, England

There was no better time for me to visit London than during Christmas and New Year's Eve! I absolutely love that time of the year so this trip was even more magical to me...

Since I was an unexperienced tourist, I managed to plan a small itinerary but nothing really exciting. Future visits to London were definitely more thought through but because this was my first time in London, it was nonetheless an exciting experience on its own.

I was lucky enough to have a place to stay for free in London's suburbs (not sure exactly where, all I remember is that I had to travel by a train to the City Center), so I had a little taste of how life in this enormous city looks like. The subway system is pretty complicated but I managed to figure it out in a little more than an hour , after getting on the wrong tubes and getting off on the wrong station. I didn't mind though, as this was the best way for me to learn how the subway works, not having any previous experience in that matter...

In just a few days that I spent in there, I managed to visit:
Natural History Museum on Cromwell Road,
Madame Tussauds London on Marylebone Road,
Dali Universe on the South Bank of the River Thames ( I believe it's no longer there as on one of my further trips to London, I went back there and the Museum was closed down)
Tower Bridge Museum.

I also took a ride on the London's Eye and in general wandered along the streets, admiring famous buildings and monuments, like London Bridge, Tower of London, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace or vibrant Piccadilly Circus ...

What thrilled me the most, was the fact that I was able to spend a New Year's Eve on the South Bank of River Thames, being part of a worldwide count down to the New Year 2006. What a great place to start a New Year in!


Madam Tussauds, London

British Museum, London

Tower Bridge, London

London's Eye

London Bridge

HMS Ocean warship


Tower of London

Banks of River Thames


River Thames

River Thames

Tower Bridge Museum


Monument to the Great Fire of London

Big Ben and Palace of Westminster

London's Eye

London's Eye

Westminster Abbey

Westminster Abbey

Queen Victoria Memorial

The Mall Street

Dali Universe


Piccadilly Circus



No comments:

Post a Comment