Thursday, January 17, 2013

May 2004 - Dublin, Ireland

My journey starts back in 2004. 20 years old girl decided to look for luck in another country... I left a job as a teacher's assistant in one of the Kindergartens back in my hometown and followed my dreams by packing one suitcase and moving to Dublin, which is the capital of Ireland...

Four Courts, Dublin

Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin

Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin

City Hall, Dublin

Dame Street, Dublin

Capel Street Bridge, Dublin

Capel Street Bridge, Dublin

Four Courts, Dublin

Irish Life Centre, Dublin

Trinity College area

Liffey River & Ha'Penny Bridge as seen from the Capel Street Bridge

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beginning of my journey was not easy but I was prepared for a hard work, hoping it would have been rewarded one day, and it had! After around two years of getting some small, meaningless jobs, I had finally found a well paid job that helped me to fulfill my dreams of traveling the world!


Before all that happened though and my work situation changed,  in 2005 and 2006 I was able to visit two Irish neighbors, England and Scotland. Both of those trips were really exciting for me, specially that this was the first time I could explore big cities like London and Glasgow for myself. Dublin, believe it or not,  is a pretty small city and definitely not making an impression of a capital as it should! Maybe that's just the charm of it!? 

Those two trips helped me realize, that traveling and exploring the world is something I live for and something I want to keep doing for the rest of my life!

That's when The Travels of a Strange Little Girl started...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment